- Ph.D. (Education), University of Manitoba (2019)
- M.A.Ed. (Education), Central Michigan University (2012)
- Advisors: Judith Simons Gold, Ph.D.; Kristen Warmoth, Ed.D.
- Research monograph: “Considering culture in e-learning environments and post-secondary learner success” (ERIC No. ED529662)
- Certificate in Adult Education, Red River College (2008)
- B.E.S. (Faculty of Architecture), University of Manitoba (1985)
Ph.D. course work
- EDUB 7450 Seminar in Educational Technology (2014) – Instructor: Denis Hlynka, Ph.D.
- NATV 7250 Culture: Theory & Praxis (2015) – Instructor: Niigaan Sinclair, Ph.D.
- EDUA 7850 Design and Analysis of Educational Research (Quantitative) (2015) – Instructor: Robert Renaud, Ph.D.
- EDUB 7460 Information Technology and Education (2016) – Instructor: Denis Hlynka, Ph.D.
- EDUB 7416 Teaching and Learning in Post-Secondary Education (2016) – Instructor: Clea Schmidt, Ph.D.
- EDUA 7270 Seminar in Cross-Cultural Education 1 (2016) – Instructor: Nathalie Piquemal, Ph.D.
- NATV 7230 Method & Research Issues in Native Studies (2017) – Instructor: Niigaanwewidam Sinclair, Ph.D.
- Multicultural education, Sociocultural cognition, Psychology of attitudes and values
- Aboriginal education, Indigenous languages
- Critical theory and critical thinking, Perceptions, Instructional psychology, Instructional design, Experiential education
- Critical analysis of technology and its application in teaching and learning
- Culture and time perception, psychology, and cultural contexts
- Instructor, Creative Arts Department, Red River College.
- Research Assistant, “First Nations Languages: A Comparative Study in Culturally Relevant Sustainability,” University of Manitoba. (Research Leader: Frank Deer, Ph.D.; SSHRC Insight Development Grant)
Recent courses (Red River College)
- DMMT-1089 Information Architecture (2015 to present)
- DMMT-2090 Web Usability (2015 to present)
- DMMT-1154 Interactive Media 1 (2012 to present)
- COMP-2026 Advanced Web Development 2 (2007 to present)
- DMMT-1629 Web Scripting (2007 to present)
- DMMT-1142 Studio Project (2007 to present)
- DMMT-1050 Dynamic Content 1 (2007 to 2014, 2016)
Previous courses (Red River College)
- COMP-1978 Advanced Web Development 1 (2006 to 2014)
- DMMT-3622 Web Development 3 (2006 to 2014)
- DMMT-2143 Exit Portfolio (2013)
- GRAD-4008 System Management (2004 to 2010)
- GRAD-4015 System Management 2 (2004 to 2008)
- B01D114 Introduction to Digital Media Technology (2004 to 2006)
- E27C157 E-Commerce (2004 to 2005)
- E27C454 Web Accessibility (2004 to 2005)
- “Culture in the Balance: Risks and Rewards of Technology In Indigenous Language Learning,” CSSE Annual Conference, Ryerson University, Toronto, May 31, 2017
- “Technology & Academic Freedom,” Faculty of Education Graduate Students Research Symposium, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, March 3, 2017
- “Technology & Colonization: The role and power of photography in the entrenchment of the Canadian Residential School system,” Faculty of Education Graduate Students Research Symposium, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, March 5, 2016
- “Time Perception, Cultural Constructs of Time, and Their Effects on Learning through Educational Technologies,” MERN 2015 Spring Forum, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg; May 15, 2015
- “Considering culture in e-learning environments and post-secondary learner success,” International Consortium for Educational Development 2012, Bangkok; July 25, 2012
- “The effect of culture on online learning,” Cultural Attitudes Towards Technology And Communication 2010, University of British Columbia, Vancouver; June 18, 2010
- Klymasz, R. (Ed.). (1991). Art and Ethnicity: The Ukrainian Tradition in Canada. Hull, Quebec: Canadian Museum of Civilization.
- Rotoff, B., Yereniuk, R., & Hryniuk, S. M. (1990). Monuments to faith: Ukrainian churches in Manitoba. University of Manitoba Press.
Multiplicities: Multicultural life in Manitoba: A juried photography exhibition. (1987).
Internal reports and documents
- “Competitor analysis report for the planning of a ‘Mobile Application Development’ instructional program at Red River College,” 2014
- Peer reviewer; Extreme Markup Languages (XML) conference papers, Montréal, 1999 to 2002
- Technical reviewer; Deitel, H. M., Deitel, P. J., & Nieto, T. R. (2001). E-business & E-commerce: How to Program. Prentice Hall
- PLATFORM Centre for photographic + digital arts
- Member, 2013 to present
- Treasurer, 2016 to present
- Winnipeg Public Library Board
- Member, 2013 to 2016
- Executive (Member-at-large), 2014 to 2015
- Vice-Chair, 2016
Selected Committee work
- Winnipeg Public Library History Book (Winnipeg Public Library Board), 2014 to 2016
- Member; Teaching and Learning Technologies Roundtable (TLTR), Red River College, 2006 to 2010
- Vice chair, 2007 to 2010
- Faculty technical advisor; The Projector student newspaper web site project, 2008
- Faculty representative; Department Chair search committee, 2006
- Judge (web presentations); New Jersey High School Chemistry Olympics, hosted by the American Chemical Society and New Jersey Institute of Technology, 1999 to 2002
- Board member; SGML Forum of New York, 1998 to 2001
- Conference track consultant; “Getting Started With XML,” XML 2000 Conference, Washington DC, 2000
Artwork credit: Ad Parnassum, 1932 (detail) by Paul Klee (1879-1940). Oil on canvas (100 x 126 cm). Kunstmuseum, Bern. [Video]